Removable sliders and grippers allow for easy customization.
BP500 Series offers athletic styling with superior performance.
- Thinsulate® interlining for warmth
- Velcro® attached slider and gripper pods
- Two sets of removable insoles to ensure the proper fit of each foot
- Full grain black leather upper
- 2 gripper discs for one side
- two slider discs for the other
Toe coating is for right handed players.
Left handed players are kindly asked to contact us if they want toe coating.
Gripper: 2 AlternativesFor the anti-slider your can choose between the classic pullon gripper or the podsystem that BalancePlus designed especially for the Series 500.
Most of the classic grippers fit this shoe.
Our customers prefer either the Tournament Gripper or -a little bit more expensive- the BalancePlus Gripper.
The Tournament Gripper can be used for both sides.
BalancePlus offers a special BalancePlus Gripper right or -for the very stylish ones among you- BalancePlus Gripper pink.
Classic anti-slider or BalancePlus gripper pods?Pods have less weight and are easier to carry and -let's be honest- are somehow cooler.
Classic grippers are easier to put on and one is used to them.
Can you name additional Pros or Cons?
Changing of the pads is easy and fast - see for yourself:
Find similar items
Klick on the red button and you will receive a list of articles that fit in.
Average product review
How to find my shoe size
There a many systems to measure shoe sizes and that makes it irritating.These points help in understanding how they work
- shoe sizes are not exact lenghts but rather segments between 1 and 2 cms depending on the system
- for curling shoes look for US M (Athl.) and US W (Athl.)
In our shoe size table its the lines with the blue border
- if a curling shoe has inlays, it is more flexible in terms of fitting
- if in doubt always go for the larger size
- shoe shops offer different inlay sole which help you fit
- winter socks need room too
- if a shoe model is reported by our customers a too big or too small, you will find that in the text of the shoe.
The same goes the other way round: if you dont find a remark in the product text, we havent heard anything about misfits.
Here comes a small graphics from Claus Färber, which helps to translate the various systems.
Which gripper size for my shoe size?We offer many different grippers in many different sizes.
Together with our huge range of curling shoes, this gives an enormous amount of possible combinations.
Skeki makes it easy for you.
If we see in an order, that a gripper is for a certain shoe, we will match the size automatically. That is our service.
If you think, we may not recognize that a gripper is for a certain shoe, just use the message field during the checkout process.
Which gripper type should I choose?Some dealers offer shoes including a gripper forcing you to buy and pay for a gripper, even if you don't need one.
Bundling a shoe with a gripper makes you always pay for the gripper, even if it is "included" in the price.
At Skeki, we never force you to order a gripper. An exception is made only if the label, like Asham in some shoe models, puts the gripper already with the shoe during production.
With the Skeki system you not only save money, but you have the advantage, to be free to choose which type of gripper you like.
Usually most grippers fit to all shoes.
There are a few recommendations concerning exceptions:
- Asham Rotator prefers Asham grippers, other grippers are often not wide enough to cover the round slider.
- Goldline Quantum has it's own gripper for optimum fit, but works well with other grippers.