Slider disc system for Quantum curling shoes
- 4 variants: stable to fast
- 7 disc set
- change the disks any time yourself is easy:
snap out - snap in: done!
- blue -polyethylene- speed rating 3
- black -black Poly Ice - speed rating 6
- black -black Poly Ice with silicone- speed rating 10
- stainless steel - speed rating 12
Stainless Steel is new for season 2015/16
In this system a traditional teflon slider 1/4" would have a speed rating of 9.
flexability never seen before: curlingshoes that can be adapted even later on
Average product review
How to find my shoe size
There a many systems to measure shoe sizes and that makes it irritating.These points help in understanding how they work
- shoe sizes are not exact lenghts but rather segments between 1 and 2 cms depending on the system
- for curling shoes look for US M (Athl.) and US W (Athl.)
In our shoe size table its the lines with the blue border
- if a curling shoe has inlays, it is more flexible in terms of fitting
- if in doubt always go for the larger size
- shoe shops offer different inlay sole which help you fit
- winter socks need room too
- if a shoe model is reported by our customers a too big or too small, you will find that in the text of the shoe.
The same goes the other way round: if you dont find a remark in the product text, we havent heard anything about misfits.
Here comes a small graphics from Claus Färber, which helps to translate the various systems.
Which gripper size for my shoe size?We offer many different grippers in many different sizes.
Together with our huge range of curling shoes, this gives an enormous amount of possible combinations.
Skeki makes it easy for you.
If we see in an order, that a gripper is for a certain shoe, we will match the size automatically. That is our service.
If you think, we may not recognize that a gripper is for a certain shoe, just use the message field during the checkout process.
Which gripper type should I choose?Some dealers offer shoes including a gripper forcing you to buy and pay for a gripper, even if you don't need one.
Bundling a shoe with a gripper makes you always pay for the gripper, even if it is "included" in the price.
At Skeki, we never force you to order a gripper. An exception is made only if the label, like Asham in some shoe models, puts the gripper already with the shoe during production.
With the Skeki system you not only save money, but you have the advantage, to be free to choose which type of gripper you like.
Usually most grippers fit to all shoes.
There are a few recommendations concerning exceptions:
- Asham Rotator prefers Asham grippers, other grippers are often not wide enough to cover the round slider.
- Goldline Quantum has it's own gripper for optimum fit, but works well with other grippers.